Thursday, October 21, 2010

\\Hello!

Hi there!

You are probably reading this because you are interested in an update on my life! Well you've come to right place. If you follow my photography blog (josiahmichael.com/blog) you may have realized that it hasn't been running for the past month. I can't figure out how to get it back online, so I created this blog here because SO MUCH is happening in my life and if I don't share it will everyone, there will be so much to tell when I visit home! So as I will keep the blog updated, please keep reading! :)

Where to begin? Well, how about here:

I decided to move to Maple Valley, Washington about two months ago. Why, you ask? Because there is a church up here called Generational Hope that has a passion and vision for hope of our world. They believe that the keys to establishing God's kingdom on earth lie in the hands our this generation and the generations to come. I also share this vision! So I joined a school at the church called Generational Leadership. GL is an 11 month school that focuses on establishing a foundation and identity in Christ so that you can reach out to the current generation and make an impact that will change the world for generations to come. Pretty cool, huh? I think so!

Ever since I was young I knew that God had an amazing calling on my life and now I am beginning to realize that I am a kingdom person. A world changer. A visionary. An activist for the Kingdom of Heaven! I could not be any happier with where I am. God has already began to reveal to me his amazing grace and truth that is transforming my life! In the month and a half that I have been here I have already seen tremendous growth in my own life. It is pretty incredible and I can't wait to see what happens for the rest of my time up here.

I think that people have the wrong idea about Washington state. Yes, it is cloudy A LOT up here, but the people here are so fantastic. They are genuine and friendly! People care about other people here, which is quite a bit different from California! Life is a lot slower up here. There is no hustle and bustle or rush here and there. Its just people savoring the life they are living, one day at a time. This is quite the opposite of what I was used to! But it has been so incredible for me to be able to slow down and focus on the man that I am becoming.

I think that gives a pretty good summary of what it is like up here. If you ever have the chance to visit, I strongly recommend it! I like about 30 minutes outside of Seattle which is truly an AMAZING place! I love visiting whenever I can.

Here are a few pictures of my year so far...

This is Kyle and me bowling. This picture was staged, haha.


We played this great game where you had to get an oreo from your forehead into your mouth without using your hands in under 60 seconds. I won!


I also discovered that I am amazing on the ice. So don't mess with me. Really. Just ask Kyle.


One day we went on a dive boat owned by a family at the church. This is Liz, one of the interns, holding a sea urchin that the diver brought right up from the ocean floor!!


Fall is in full swing up here! I've never seen so many amazing colors in all my life!


I will be posting more photos and videos as the year goes on! I hope you enjoy reading my blog! I would love to hear from you, so post something in the comments section of this post!! Until next time...

\\Josiah



2 comments:

  1. say what? a staged bowling photo? lol. I'm glad you are blogging Joey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. And if you get a chance check out our site. It's brand new and needs work, but its up! :) www.differentxdesign.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am learning to express myself through art while enjoying life.

  © Blogger template Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP